Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Long Time No Bark!

Hiya Pups!

I'm so sorry to have been gone so long. I'd like to say that we've been off being fabulously busy doing great stuff. Or I'd like to say that Mommy's been way too busy to help me, but that's not it either (not that she hasn't been busy). The true story is that I've been bored, we haven't done much lately - well until the weekend...

We got to go to the beach on Sunday! You should have seen it - sun and water, kids and all the pups! There was music and boats and all sorts of great stuff! And I met a couple of cool new friends to play with, they were with all my Mommy and Daddy's friends.

Here's Max! He's a Chihuahua - but he acts like he's as big as a Great Dane :-) Max didn't like me much even though I wanted to play. But by the end of the day we got along okay (though it's easy to get along when there's steak involved).

Sophie and I had to get some shade, since it was a little warm. It's nice of her Mom and Dad to put this umbrella up for all of us with a fur coat on! We all got into the lake a couple of times, so between the water and the shade we all kept pretty cool.


Next Maggie and her family arrived - she's a miniature Schnauzer, she was very nice. And guess what, she likes to go on the boat! See that funny orange jacket? It's a life vest so that just in case she falls out her Mom and Dad can grab her easily.


And then Maggie went swimming. I tried to go with her, but my tie-down wasn't long enough. The funny thing is that after Mommy saw this, she thought I might like to go for a swim - but I didn't (I don't really love to swim, but I don't mind getting in to cool off).


Here's me and my Daddy hanging out - at the end of the day. We had a really great day, in fact Daddy said I was a really great girl all day!


So he decided to let me off my line and here's what happened...



Ha ha - was that fun, I ran and ran! But there's good news, I came back!


'This is my Mommy's favorite picture of the day - look at how wet I got! Mommy is still brushing sand out of my furrs (I'm headed to the salon next week!).

It was a great day!

10 comments:

Willow the Black Dale said...

You look like you had a lot of fun George! The sand really looks good on you.
I got left home while my hoomans went out on the lake over the weekend. What is up with that? You are a lucky girl! I missed you lots. Glad to see you back.
Aire slurps,
Willow

Amber-Mae said...

Oh thank DOG you came back Georgie! But I guess it gave your hoomans a good scare making them thinking you were gonna run away. Hehehe!

Butt wiggles,
Solid Gold Dancer

Noah the Airedale said...

Awww what fun!!! We knew you'd come back. We do that sort of thing too when we're let off our leads.
That looks like a great spot for a day out. Thanks for sharing the pics with us.

tailwags
Noah xx

Molly the Airedale said...

What a great time you had, Georgie! You're so lucky to be let off-leash!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

Oh my...ur mom sounded a bit disturbed (read freaked out) when you took your large Dale self and flew over the sand!

We're all jealous here...that looks like soooo much fun...and the water was sooooooooo clear!!! Was it warm????

Terrier barks, Georgie!!!

Laciegirl

Cassidy said...

You look like a proper beach babe!

Nibbles
Cassidy x

Two Schnauzers from New England said...

Hi, Georgie -

You look like you had a pawsome time with your new friends. Mama, Papa and I (Hershey) went to Cape Cod on Sunday. I had a lot of fun sneaking sausage and hamburger and running around. Mama will post about that soon.

We really like Maggie - the color black is not as common for a miniature schnauzer.

Have a good weekend.

Love -

Hershey and Kaci

The Black and Tans. said...

George we love going to the beach and running too. It is such a nuisance that the sand and sea water make your fur all sticky and we have to have baths afterwards!
Well done for being such a good girl and coming back!
Molly and Taffy.xx

Bogart H. Devil said...

Hey Georgie-girl! Welcome back!!!

Chicks with wet beards... FANTASTIC!!!

Love,
Bogart

Abby said...

Hi, Georgie...

I know what you mean about not doing much...Sometimes me & my Mom have a hard time coming up with stuff to talk about, too...

Looks like you had fun at the beach...

Abby xxxooo